Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I.F.H AMMO Ver 4.0 [2 Weeks Late!]

Hello again y'll. Happy Valentines Day to you lovers... those waiting to be loved... and those who will be loved. I hate teen couples. I envy teen couples. Whatever you do in the public. Get off my sight. F*ck you lovers!

However, I'll be patient for my turn.

And I'll be frustrated waiting for so long. For now it's the music that keeps me alive. KEEP ROCKIN' & HEADBANGIN'!!!

New rules: No more countdowns. This is not MTV trl. Added band origin and the song year.

IYAN’S 5 HEADBANGER AMMOS

Helmet - Repetition
Year: 1990
Origin: USA
Genre: Alternative metal/Noise rock

















Prototype nu-metal band Helmet is too metal to be punk, and too punk to be metal. Nuff' said.


+ Very bouncy yet heavy moshpit track. I suggest you cover this if you're playing moshy punk music. Drop-D if possible.
+ The signature Helmet-bassline at the intro
+ After 00:11min, the guitar breaks in; mosh! mosh!!
+ Explosive staccato strums at the verse
+ Some traces of funk elements

- Repetitive. Ouh yea... the title says it so.
- The crappiest guitar solo ever. but who cares? i just wanna mosh to this!!


Headbanger's Meter: Very High

Finntroll - Aldhissla
Year: 2001
Origin: Finland
Genre: Viking/Folk metal




I hated this sort of metal when i first heard it during my eariler high school days. But now, I'm a die-hard finntroll fan! Jaktens tid is the trollish bible!

+ Atmospheric sound of the mountain winds at intro
+ One of the most epic folkish metal intros! Accompanied by the majestic tom drums and neat acoustic guitars.
+ Overall, solid & boundless powerful playing of drums
+ Drums double up speed steadily throughout the song
+ Some nice guitar-solo-meets-soprano interlude
+ Fades out with the soprano and mountain winds

- A downhiller to some extent


Headbanger's Meter: High

Twisted Sister - I Am (I'm Me)
Year: 1983
Origin: USA
Genre: Heavy Metal/Glam Metal













A reason to shout "BACK OFF!!" to those who oppose your music. Make them shut their mouth! This goes to you too Mr. "Mommy-I'm-A-Metalhead-But-Ure-Not" Unknown.


+ Soulful yet loud vocals by Dee Snider
+ Quote from the first sentence of the verse: "Who are you to look down at what I believe?!"
+ Old-school metal palm muting riff at the verse
+ Simple (two chords!) power-chords at the chorus. Cool.
+ Quote from the last sentence of the second verse: "Its my life i'm living, I'll live as I please!"
+ Nice solos. Positive & anthemic-styled; a radio-friendly kind
+ Conclusion: I'm just being myself and staying true to my own music. SO YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?


Headbanger's Meter: High

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Year: 1984
Origin: (West? East?) Germany
Genre: NWOBHM



There was a time when heavy metal is a giant rolling ball, squashing other puny genres like a bug.

+ Appeared both as one of 40 Worst & Best Metal Songs at VH1
+ Wicked guitar intro riff
+ Simple but neat power chords playing at verse and pre-chorus
+ Pre-chorus quote: "God bless ya!"
+ Harsher vocals at second verse
+ Awesome solo part.. followed by the low-choirs
+ Nice bassline solo at the bridge
+ An interlude quote: "Let's plug a bomb in everyone's arse!"

- Is the song about testicles...(??)


Headbanger's Meter: High

Coventide - Shadow Of The Moon
Year: 2006
Origin: Heartlands
Genre: Progressive Folk Metal, Black/Death Metal
















My choice of the best masterpieces ever, to came out from the mighty Druids.

+ A sorrowful but victorious; heroic kind of theme
+ Folkish acoustic intro
+ Heavy guitars enter in such an epic mode
+ Neat harmonies, some of coventide's superior specialities
+ Predominant use of folkish-scaling licks and descends
+ The main riff has that unforgettable guitar lick which shines in the portrait
+ Drums are awesome too. Blast-beats are vital here.

- Hmm... church organs? A bit weird...


Headbangers' Meter: Very High

No comments: