Monday, January 22, 2007

Music here, music there...

Sunday was an all-propose day for music. Metal music.

At first, in the afternoon, I had a session with EnsiKnights at my own room. Finally, my parents allowed me & my friends to assemble at my cribs. We rehearsed S.O.W and Old Man for this upcoming jamming on Friday.

Hail The Flaming Lucifer
I'm most proud of Yazid's modification of the SOW lyrics. It was me who tossed sugar & spice into the soup, and he added chemical-X(accidentally..?).

At first I was not sure of what I wrote in the lyrics. Then when I read it to him, he quickily wrote it down to his notebook. Next day, magic. I was amazed. Did he cut-n-paste from Ensiferum?? Yazid has done an excellent job. No doubt. He should be our main lyrics composer.

The Assemble
We stuffed more Javanese tunes into SOW. Khairee really mesmerised me that day.

In the first 3 minutes, we thought him that scale. And then when we rehearsed the song again, he transformed into a guitar wizard. His solo was unbelievable! It came from nowhere. Super made-in-Indon.

As for Old Man, I decided to move at a slow pace. Maybe just halfway through. The parts are a lot, and the gore vocals(while strumming at blast beats!) are tough..

Like my favourite quote says: slowly cycling.

Can't wait for this Friday! Into battle EnsiKnights!

Nullified Sessions
I came half-an-hour late to the jamming room. I still hate the amps for Beat Merchants! Seriously.

I would not like to comment on our playing...

As usual, we had prayers at the Sultan mosque. Had my dinner at Zam Zam Restaurant with buddy Farid.

No comments: